Bass Blog

Michael Hovnanian formerly played bass with an orchestra located in a large midwestern city.

Feel free to email your comments.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

This week

My computer troubles seem to be solved, at least temporarily, so I can resume more frequent blogging.

This week’s CSO program


Mozart Symphony No. 34
Schumann Piano Concerto
INTERMISSION
Stravinsky Divertimento
Tchaikovsky Selections from The Sleeping Beauty
Andrey Boreyko, conductor
Hélène Grimaud, piano


Monday
off

Tuesday
10-12:30 CSO rehearsal
7:30 CSO concert (recorded live, patch session after concert)

Wednesday
12-2:30 3:30-5:30 CSO rehearsals

Thursday
10-12:30 CSO rehearsal
8 CSO concert


Friday
1:30 CSO concert

Saturday
8 CSO concert

Sunday
2 Gunnelpumpers at the Green Mill

The live recording Tuesday was from the series last week with Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble. I’m not sure when the CD will be released. The Silk Road selections varied in quality from fascinating to awful, but it should make for a pretty interesting CD. I wouldn’t be surprised if it outsells all of the recordings the CSO is supposed to release in the next couple years. I made the mistake of riding my bike to the concert that night. Because of the patch session, I found myself pedaling home into a frigid, howling headwind at 12:30 AM.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Howling head winds are why cabs were invented.