Bass Blog

Michael Hovnanian formerly played bass with an orchestra located in a large midwestern city.

Feel free to email your comments.

Friday, June 15, 2007

The Unibassist

A funny thing happened the other day. I exchanged a few friendly emails with the Angry Bassist after which I am convinced he was not behind the nasty comments (all deleted) and emails directed at this blog. His website, as I should have been able to see all along, was intended as parody. I should have been flattered by the attention. Who was it who said ‘there is no such thing as bad publicity’ – Dick Cheney? Unfortunately for the both of us the timing turned out to be very bad since I was receiving a minor flood of very offensive communications from somebody else at the same time. My mistake was conflating the two.

Of course the disturbing thing is that there is still at least one very disturbed individual out there sending me the occasional email. I’ve dubbed him the Unibassist.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

How about if we disassociate the term "bassist" from this individual? A preferred moniker might include the word "troll" since (I think) that's commonly used to describe the behavior involved.